Friday, June 12, 2009

Goddammit.


Well, that was almost like watching two different ball games, wasn't it?

I mean, if I were to tell you ahead of time that you would see:

- Halladay starting,
- Halladay starting after being sent home a day early from Texas for some extra ZZZs, no less,
- They're playing the Marlins, and
- Immediately following Doc, the bullpen would throw three shutout innings,

...you'd probably just think it was strange that the bullpen would need to throw three innings for Doc, period. And, of course, the Jays won, right?

Nope.

Doc got broken. Early.

Scott Richmond is rumored to have done nicely afterward, but gee, it was hard to tell, with the game audio suddenly consisting of interviews and all.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Flashback Fridays and Comfort Zone guests are great. I love hearing from the old-timers. But do they really have to do it in the middle of the game? If you're enough of a fan that you appreciate those interviews, you're probably enough of a fan that you're probably trying to, y'know, PAY ATTENTION TO THE GAME.

Top of the fifth: Balor Moore. Top of the sixth: the scouting guy. Fed up, I decide to cash in on the Gameday Audio subscription I almost forgot about. Now Balor Moore is being interviewed by Jerry and Alan. FFS.

I digress. Close ballgame up until that point. I was having fun. Voodoo Joe singled and RBIed to tie the game, stole a bag, and proceeded to get RBIed.

Not long after that, it morphed into some shitty ballgame that requires no summary on my part. RSS is your friend. I'm going to bed.

Music: Prodigy, Take Me To The Hospital

No comments: